We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Lamp to my Feet and a Light to my Path


                Kimmy was certainly that light...it was amazing, how, despite each setback, she not only kept her smile, but her great sense of humor blazed through the pain and everything she was going through.

                The cancer is causing blood clots.  The clots have caused Kim's legs to swell.  I cannot describe them to you.  They were beyond big and when I helped her with her compression hose, it felt like my brain would just switch into a lower gear to better process the horror of what was happening to the girl that I loved.

              "I'm keeping everyone on the edge of their seats."  she quipped. 

               I have never seen such courage in the face of horrific adversity.




This is one of my all time favorite photos of Kimba.  It is taken in Baltimore, at the Inner Harbor.  We'd go down to visit my Dad and Stepmom, ride the light rail right down town, catch an O's game at Camden Yards and eat some crab at the Rusty Skupper overlooking the water.


This one was taken back in 1989.  We loved a 'Mexican' restaurant, called Chi-Chi's (and quickly learned the joke in that name when we moved here!) and had gotten a margarita set there.  Once we moved to Tucson, we found that Chi-Chi's not only had a funny meaning in its name, but was not very good Mexican food either!

"I'm keeping everyone on the edge of their seats..."  Seriously.  Looking back on all we were blessed to do together, I realize that Kim kept me on the edge of my seat!  It was that good...


Love,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment