We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Monday, August 22, 2011

Little Dancers

         From Kimmy's Journal:

        February 16, 2004

                      "  Autumn is a little dancer!  She signed up for a 'tap' and 'ballet' class at Dance West Studio.  Her little buddy, Lexy, joined and told us about it.  The girls are adorable together!  We filmed Autumn's debut and needless to say, I shed a few tears.  We're so proud of our little princess.  It's a joy to watch her blossom.  She wore a beautiful pink gathered leotard with white tights and a little white sweater to keep her warm (she loves sweaters!).  She is having so much fun and Andrea and I really enjoy being there to watch these two dance!  We are planning to take the girls with us for coffee or dinner together after some of these lessons, too, to extend our day.  We can't wait until her next class next Monday when she and Lexy can dance again! "

                     I love this picture!  The first girl, on the right, is frozen with fear - crying.  Autumn and Lexy are the next two, looking so pretty in their little dance dresses!


                     The dance recital was precious.  Held over at Pima Community College's west campus. It was a full house, but, Andrea got there early and saved us all seats.  We got the girls little flowers - they looked so cute!  It was a great show...  Sadly, Autumn did not keep up with dance - she had Kim's shyness level, but, we were blessed that Lexy talked her into it for that season, so we (especially Kim) had a chance to see her dance...

                   I'm glad Kim journaled what she did.  I sometimes wish for more, wish she had written everyday. But, I'm thankful for the pages that I do have.
                     And Antonio is beginning to write regularly...he's so cute, pulling out his journal when he sees me getting ready to blog.  Tonight, he wrote the memory of finding a seashell for Mama, drawing an elaborate seashell and ending it "I love you Mama"...

                      Love,
                              Dave

2 comments:

  1. I will make sure to start journaling...in honor of Kim! What a treasure for you and the kids to be able to read her words and get into her head even more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to ask if blogging counts as my journaling, but then I thought how great it probably is to see her handwriting as well, huh? Perhaps I could journal some AND blog some. See? That Kim...still working wonders for families everywhere, all the time. :) And little Autumn...SO cute!

    ReplyDelete