We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Friday, August 5, 2011

I love Friday's

              I look forward to Friday's.  I cannot tell you the comfort I get from going to Mass at San Xavier each Friday.  The clouds today were so beautiful above the Mission.  I really enjoy greeting and talking to the custodians who work so hard to keep the Mission clean.  They asked where the bambini were today and I explained that we are part of the Vail School District, with a 'year round' schedule.  Even though it's not.  It's just better spaced than 'traditional' schools.  Whatever that means, depending on where you live in the country.  Where we grew up, that meant school started the day after Labor Day.  Out here, some school districts start 8/8, some 8/15.  It's pretty random.
             Anyway, this routine really starts my day off right.  Today, the Homily was about Moses.  And how the Jews he led through the desert were begin to complain.  They were tired.  They were hungry.  They were thirsty.  Etc.  Moses stopped them.  Put a halt to their whining and complaining and reminded them of all the great things God had done for their people and the blessing they had.  It motivated them to continue.  I love when the Gospel and Homily easily relate to what is going on in our lives.  For we may be wandering in the desert, but we are blessed!
                  It's a long walk down to Mary's Chapel, where Kimmy's photo sits on the altar...I can't even tell you how many times I walked down this sidewalk with Kim...
                   As you exit the 19, this tile mural greets you at the bottom of the off ramp.  I looked in my rear view, and no one was behind me, so I snapped this shot.  When I looked again, there was a cop waiting patiently behind me!

                  After school, the bambini are hungry.  Always.  And on Fridays, we've been picking up their friends, Lexy and Breanna, too.  They usually like to go to Eegee's but, it was so hot today, they just wanted to come back to the house.  They had a good time unwinding from a long week at school!  I cooked them shrimp tacos and they had ice cream...

                 The bambini finally went to bed around 11...another school week behind them.  Autumn and I were the only ones left to say goodnight to Mama..."cloudy and no Big Dipper" Autumn observed.  And then, blowing kisses to where the Big Dipper normally is, "'Night Mama!", she cried.

                 Love,
                        Dave
                 
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment