We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Scrambling

          Well, I know the week is not quite over, although we did have 'Friday Night' at my house last night, to take the edge off, one more day!!  It's been a wild one, coordinating the bambini's, their schoolin', homework, keeping 'em fed and cared for...and returning, once again, to the book store - thankfully, Barnes & Noble (some people thought I worked for Borders, which, unfortunately, is closing its doors putting another 11,000 workers on the street.)

           Monday and yesterday almost drained me of my will to go on...and, once again, the Cottonwood teachers came through, as I raced at break neck speed to get back to school - Casey Rudzena kept Autumn until she had to go to class, as she works towards a 2nd MBA, while being 5 months pregnant and Jenny Rienstra kept Tonio and then watched Autumn, graciously staying late until I could get there, around 4:30...and Jenny?  She's nearly 8 months pregnant!!  These teachers work hard and continue to inspire me.  Once I got the little ones fed and settled, I put in another couple of hours of work, before officially kicking off 'Friday Night' a few days early...
            I should start paying attention to the miles I'm putting on...
             The teachers continue to give and give.  I spent most of the day in Casey's class, helping grade papers, file, etc.  It is incredible to watch her developing our children, teaching, nurturing in a structured, yet entertaining environment.  I am constantly humbled by their commitment and dedication, along with their passion.  I came across Jenny, several times during the day, who would give me updates on Antonio, knowing it would soothe my mind and just showing just another example of how much they care.  Couldn't do it without them...
             And some left some beautiful comments on the last blog I posted:
Rebecca said...

It is so interesting to see you write about inspiration- you are a huge inspiration to me... To be a better person, to live life fully, and to love wholeheartedly. Thanks Dave



Ami said...

Dave, I was going to say just what Rebecca said...there are SO many of us who draw our inspiration and motivation to do just about anything, from YOU.

          I cannot tell you how inspiring and humbling comments like this are - I don't see it this way, and, these two are a part of our school system, tirelessly working hard to provide a safe, caring, learning environment for our children.  Ami is not pregnant, but her sister, Mary(Aut and Tonio's K teacher) is - Ami was Cody's kindergarten teacher and we were blessed to have her come back full time at Cottonwood.  Rebecca was on of the 6th grade teachers at Cottonwood when Cody was in 6th grade there, and moved up to Desert Sky, working as a student achievement teacher.   I seem to have lost the ability to reply to comments, so, thought I would publicly thank these two for their enthusiasm and energy - THEY are the true inspiration!!

          Following volunteering at Cottonwood, I was able to come home, make some pasta to go with the meatballs I posted pictures of the other night - and actually share some with a friend, the highlight of my day...it was weird to slow down a little, and, I think it made me feel even more tired!  But, it was brief, as I picked up the bambini, fed them and we all went to Cienega H.S. tonight to meet Cody's teachers...I think I posted that he has Economics (took it twice in college, never in high school), Physics (never took it, highly allergic to it!), Geometry Honors (huh?  'Honors'?  definitely got that from Kim!  I told his teacher I would be unable to help Cody and we discussed tutoring options, although, I'm sure Cody will be fine - he is great with math), World History Honors (there's that word again, but, at least I may be able to help him some here...at least with Italian history : ) ) and English. English sounds so boring and tame compared to the rest of his classes!!  But, once again, as has become our expectation as parents in the Vail School District, all of his teachers seemed nice and top notch (we are blessed...and spoiled!).  It was a nice evening, the kids did good - I always wonder, at these events, where most of the kids have both parents there (in my mind, I held Kim's hand as we moved from classroom to classroom, as we always had), how they are feeling.  They stuck close, as has become their way...and kept their smiles on...God bless them, THEY inspire me, too!!
         
        And this year, it seems, that the bambini have been able to adapt back into school life quicker...they are getting it, the new routines (or lack of!!), that are part of their journey.  I'm pretty proud of them...

       James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights...
       
        I believe this of the bambini!

                            Love,
                                  Dave

PS Whoa!  and I just discovered the blog has spell check!!  I'll be delivering better posts for sure!





          

No comments:

Post a Comment