We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

          We made sure to have our flag flying high today!!!  And, doing the American thing, made plans to have a picnic...Kim always had one planned...
           We bought a new Slip 'N Slide for the event - we always set it up in the park across the street, drag the hose across and let the kids have fun!  We have a shade tent to set up for the adults.  And make sure to have plenty of good friends and family there...
           So today, I channeled my inner-Kim...I knew I needed to make a fun day for the bambini - we picked out the Slip 'N Slide at Target the other day...a 20', curved slide that ends in a pool.  How do these people keep coming up with new designs every year???  This one worked beautifully, they have my admiration!
              Bryson, Micah, Tonio, Breanna, Lexy, Autumn, Hadley and Mariah stay cool on the Slip 'N Slide
                                                   The kids prepare to hit the slide!!!
                                         Cody, careems around the corner!! Wait, is 'careem' a word?
                                         Autumn does the same, if it is, indeed a word...
                                         And, Janene's son Brendon - playoff game tommorow! 
                                           Tonio, successfully traverses the corner!! 

                Well, let's see, ala Kimmy, I made her pasta salad, baked potatoes on the grill, grilled chicken, burgers and dogs, made homemade salsa, a relish tray, cut up watermelon and nearly held it together, but lost it a bit due to plumbing problems, a errant text and a stand off between boys and girls...but, we pulled it all back together, and like Kim would love to do, here is who helped:
           Andrea, Lexy and Breanna - thanks for some great mac-n-cheese! Janene, Brendon and Bryson - thanks for all of the chips and dip!!  Kim, Rashon, Mariah and Micah - thanks for the decadent cupcakes!!  Rashon just got an incredible tattoo on his arm to eclipse my latest!!
                            My boy, Cody, photographically journals my experience...I am not dropping the F-bomb in this photo, merely engaging in intelligent conversation with my friend, Dave...
                                My tribal tattoo...a little sore, here, but much better now - got it done on Kim's and my wedding anniversary last Saturday, May 21st...something we talked about for years...
                   
Dave did a great job on this tat, as well as, my last one - he does a fantastic job at his shop, Tattoo Artistry on Country Club and Pima - I've known Dave for over 16 years - he is a great guy and a wonderful artist!! And Autumn, sweet Autumn, has become my little RN...carefully scrubbing my tattoo each night and applying Aquafor to prevent infection...
But I digress...Also, helping us celebrate Memorial Day were Amy, Tom and Alex - making rice krispie treats, my kryptonite!! And Betsey, Brian, Hadley and Mitch - Brian swooping in to diagnose and help me fix broken kitchen cabinets and weight sets!!
Got the celebration food all cooked and displayed in my best Kimmy fashion...we did have a good time...
And Alex and Brendon decided to spend the night, as the boys chose to watch the classic vigilante film, Boondock Saints....Autumn, Tonio and I chose one of Kimmy's favorites, Finding Neverland, starring Johnny Depp, about the guy who wrote Peter Pan...if only Kim and I had been a part of the Lost Boys...
I don't have any fancy ending, or inspirational quote tonight, sorry...but, I can tell you, this Memorial Day, marks another milestone for me and the bambini and the friends and family that joined us, helped us through...and helped us to make a great memory...another 'greatest time'....
Love,
 Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment