We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...

We Climbed before the Klimb 4 Kim...
1997's Climb

Friday, April 29, 2011

Gaining steam

          You know where I started my day...it's Friday, so I was at 8:30 Mass at San Xavier Mission...
          It was a beautiful morning and a beautiful Mass...I counted 5 nuns, the most I've seen in one place since we moved here...7 parishoners and me...#13, in church, how appropriate...When I went to light a candle, in Mary's chapel and to dust Kimmy's photo, a man was mopping the floor.  I thanked him for keeping the place so clean and he told me he's even been dusting, including Kimmy's photo...I thanked him...Later, Aut asked if I walked up the mountain, I told her of course...
         I wanted to spread out a lot of Kimmy's Kut-a-Thon flyers today, and I thought it was time to get over to St. Joe's, to give some to the incredible RN's and tech's that worked so hard for Kimmy...although I felt sad, as I pulled up, I looked forward to running the stairs to the 5th floor...and that icy fear that had gripped my heart was not there as I ran, I did not have to fear what I might find when I got to the 5th floor today...and what I found were some great hugs and a team that was so appreciative of what Janene is doing to raise money for Kimmy's Foundation - and they all had great things to say about Kimmy.  I also stopped by ICU, where that team labored tirelessly to help Kimmy and saw Dr. McCarten and Deborah - two of the most influential people in our lives while Kimmy was there...I caught a glimpse of scary Dr. Riley, the pulmonary guy and wondered who he was butchering today...but it was a very positive visit, overall...as I ran back down the stairs, my cell rang and it was Andrea.  I told her where I was and that her call brought back a flood of good memories, of all the people who called me daily to check on Kimmy and of those who brought me food so that I did not have to leave her side...I thanked her...
         Janene is working hard to bring the Kut-a-Thon together...she called me tonight and said Channel 4 news, KVOA, called and said they received the press release for the event and would be there at 1 to film the day of the event.  I thanked her for writing a press release...she said I thought you wrote one...
         And, Rincon Vista continues to raise money for Kimmy's Foundation...here's a shot of the cool t-shirts:

It reads "A Lean Mean Cancer-Fighting Team"  and "in Memory of Kim "Possible" Conca...such a nice tribute and, Aimee Snyder, at Rincon, is really championing the fund raising!  They give an option to donate to the American Cancer Society or to Kim's Foundation...the nice thing about Kim's Foundation, is, that 100% of the money will go directly to help people - no administrative costs!!!
And I made it over to Viro's again today, where it felt like Rita Ranch day, as I saw about 5 people from that area in there...Lena, not one to mess around, immediately crafted me a double cappuccino...

Later, I made pasta and Monsi and Tonio worked on their stoles for their First Holy Communion!

Lupe and Manny helped supervise...

                                          Almost done....
Ahhh, nice job kids!! Bella might appear to be innocently retrieving her ball, but, if you look closely, her right paw is gripping a pair of scissors that was left on the table...she's up to no good! 
Lupe took the bambini's to Baskin Robbins when they were done for some ice cream!

We're appreciative of all of the continued encouragement and support!  And Dawn came up with a great idea for Cody's 8th grade graduation (her son, Alec, is graduating too). 
Now, the bambini are ready for bed...Our neighbor, Alex and Cody are watching movies, having a sleep over...Tonio and Aut are in my room watching Dodge Ball...it's been a long week...but again, you all helped us through it!!!
          Love,
               Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment